Rental apartments often come with neutral, uninspiring walls, leaving tenants yearning for a way to infuse personality and style into their temporary homes. Fortunately, removable wallpaper has emerged as a game-changer in interior design. You have your choice of two styles of removable wallpaper, which just comes down to your preference. This article will explore transforming your rental apartment from drab to fab with temporary wallpaper.
The Benefits of Removable Wallpaper in Rentals
Before we delve into the makeover ideas, let’s consider why removable wallpaper is the ideal choice for renters.
- Temporary and Non-Damaging: Removable wallpaper adheres to walls without causing any damage or leaving residue when removed, making it landlord-friendly. Companies like LoveVsDesign offer two types of removable wallpaper. The first is a peel-and-stick, essentially a large sticker with a special adhesive that allows you to remove the wallpaper when you are ready to move without leaving a sticky residue or damaging your walls. Then, you will also find a removable traditional wallpaper with an adhesive that is activated by water then can be removed by wetting the wallpaper again. Both are great options for renters
- Endless Design Possibilities: With a large selection of patterns, colors, and textures available, you can find removable wallpaper to suit any style, whether you prefer bold and vibrant or subtle and sophisticated.
- Easy to Install: Temporary wallpaper is designed for ease of installation, even for those with no prior experience. It’s a perfect DIY project as it goes up without a mess and can be applied to almost any wall.
- Affordable Transformation: It’s cost-effective to significantly impact your apartment’s decor without breaking the bank. Adding a wallpaper feature wall is the quickest and easiest way to add a whole new vibe to your apartment.
Make sure you hire the right commercial painter for our wallpaper makeover project as well.
Wallpaper Makeover Ideas
Now, let’s explore some creative ways to use removable wallpaper to transform your rental apartment.
- Accent Wall Elegance: Create an eye-catching focal point by covering one wall with removable wallpaper. Choose a bold pattern or textured design to instantly elevate the room’s aesthetic. This can be done with a huge wall mural of something as simple as horizontal lines to give the room a stand-out look.
- Frame It Up: Frame sections of removable wallpaper to create art pieces for your walls. This approach adds visual interest and can be easily moved or replaced. However, this can be difficult as some landlords don’t even allow you to hand things on the walls, so check your rental contract first.
- Stairway to Style: Apply wallpaper to the risers of your staircase. This unexpected touch can turn a mundane feature into a striking design element. This is easy to do and costs almost nothing as you don’t need much material to do it.
- Create a Headboard: Design a faux headboard using removable wallpaper behind your bed. It adds a luxurious look and protects the wall from scuffs. Then, when you leave or get a different bed, you can simply peel it off and add a new design to fit the style of a new bed.
- Kitchen Backsplash Beauty: Some removable wallpapers are designed for kitchen and bathroom use. Give your kitchen a fresh look by adding a vibrant and washable backsplash. It is recommended if you are going to use wallpaper as a backsplash that you use vinyl wallpaper as it will be waterproof as well as easy to clean if there are any splashes of food.
- Charming Cabinets: Line the inside of cabinets or shelves with removable wallpaper. This small detail can bring a pop of color or pattern to your storage spaces as well as make cleaning out your dreams simple and easy.
- Window Nook Retreat: Transform a window nook into a cozy reading or relaxation corner by applying wallpaper to the wall behind it. Complement it with cushions and throws.
- Rental-Friendly Tiles: Cover old or unsightly tiles in bathrooms or kitchens with removable wallpaper designed to mimic tile patterns. It’s a budget-friendly alternative to a complete renovation.
- Entranceway Impact: Make a memorable first impression by applying wallpaper to your apartment’s entryway. Whether it’s a hallway or foyer, this sets the tone for your entire space.
- Closet Couture: Line the interior of closets with removable wallpaper to add a touch of luxury every time you open the door. You can also use different styles and colors to create his or her sections.
Removable wallpaper is a versatile tool for renters seeking to turn their drab apartments into fabulous and personalized spaces. With a bit of creativity and a commitment to temporary decor, you can achieve a makeover that enhances your living environment and allows you to express your unique style. Embrace the freedom to experiment and watch your rental apartment transform into a fabulous, welcoming home with just a little bit of work and a little help from a well-placed piece of wallpaper.