Technology is constantly evolving. People gradually discover innovative products like smartphones, smart TVs, smart refrigerators- any product that has the word “smart” in it. In this world full of “smart” products, we like to own them and keeping them in our homes. One item that you must include in these must-have products is a smart doorbell.
Smart doorbells give your home security while offering welcoming chimes to your guests. Smart doorbells are usually equipped with cameras. It gives you have peace of mind that you can always see who is at your front door, plus, it will ensure you that something is watching over your house for you whenever you are away.
There is a wide range of smart doorbells available in the market- both wireless and wired. These doorbells are super convenient to use, and can be installed easily. To know what fits your home, here are our best picks of doorbells you might definitely like.
1. Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus- this doorbell is a wireless doorbell connected to WiFi and supported by smart assistants like Alexa and IFTTT. It may not be the cheapest doorbell, but it is worth the money. This doorbell features a full 1080p camera resolution, and has a night functionality that enables you to see your visitors under a dim light.
With the help of smart assistants, you can use different devices, like your phone, to see and speak to the people at your front door or even light up the smart bulb inside your home whenever someone buzzes.
The downside of this doorbell is that you need to have a separate subscription to see the recorded videos (which you can use for future purposes). Nonetheless, Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus is considered the best smart doorbell overall.
2. Ring Video Doorbell (2020)- this doorbell has WiFi connectivity, supported by smart assistants, offers 1080p camera resolution, and costs much cheaper than Ring Video Doorbell 3!
This doorbell can connect to Android and iOS apps, which notifies the owners when they detect a motion on their doorstep or someone pushes the buzzer. Besides, it also lets the owners see and observe their door even from afar.
The downside of this doorbell is that you can’t remove and replace its internal battery. So, you will need to remove the whole doorbell every 6 to 12 months for charging. Like the Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus, you will also need to have a subscription to get the recorded videos of the doorbell.
3. Nest Hello- this is a wired doorbell supported by Alexa and Google Assistant and has a 1280 x 1080 camera resolution. One of the best things about this smart doorbell is that you won’t need to recharge its batteries. It has cross-platform compatibility and also allows homeowners to send pre-recorded audio messages to the doorbell, which is beneficial whenever you are not available to answer the door at the moment.
This doorbell also features face recognition. However, you will need to have a subscription to avail the advanced features. All in all, Nest Hello is probably the best wired smart doorbell.
4. Ring Door View Cam- if you live in a small space like an apartment, this doorbell is right for you. Ring Door View Cam is a wireless doorbell supported by smart assistants Alexa and IFTTT. It has a camera resolution of 1080p, has a night vision mode, and has motion detection. You can also connect this doorbell to iOS and Android devices, which helps you see who is at your doorstep and lets you talk to visitors with a two-way microphone. Since it is a peephole, the camera has a fisheye effect that helps you see the outside with a broader view. The downside is that the tight angled lens distorts the edges, and like other Ring doorbells, you will need to have a subscription to get the recorded video files.
5. Arlo Video Doorbell- this is a multifunctional doorbell that provides a camera that allows you to monitor, speak, and listen to people at your front door. This doorbell offers a high-quality video resolution and 180-degree viewing angle.
It also enables homeowners to leave pre-recorded audio messages if they are not currently available. The doorbell also comes with a built-in siren, when activated, can trigger when it detects a sound or motion.
The downside of this doorbell is that it needs to be installed by a professional since it must be wired directly to your home’s existing doorbell system. Another downside is that you will also need to avail subscription on the Arlo Smart Plan to access recorded video files and other advanced features.